Bohemian Starlet

Thursday 13 September 2012

Drawing Brighton

Drawing Brighton is a life drawing class set up by the lovely Kate Shields ( who also plays the saw may I add )

It's run weekly as a 6 week course and is held at Brighton Artist Residence Hotel, which is a sort of live in residency for the artists and also a hotel.

They invite different people down each week, from performers, other artists and just your average Joe's, and they sit and draw them.

I'll admit, they initial idea of 3 15min poses and then 2 30mins whilst not feeling very well was a little daunting, but as soon as I did my first one, I felt fine and even the 2 30minute poses were actually fine too. Strangely soothing, even tho I got a bit chilly and cramped on the last one.

Yes I do look mardy, but try smiling for 30mins, no way.

It was a real pleasure tho, weirdly, being drawn with such detail, looking at their drawings afterwards I could see that there were bits of my costume that all had drawn and they were bits I wouldn't even consider as being the main pieces. I also have realised that I look A LOT like my mother.

Here is one of Kate's drawings from the last sitting.



Find more on Drawing Brighton... http://drawingbrightonproject.tumblr.com/

Aseries of weekly portrait sittings with contemporary Brighton individuals.
Held at the Artist Residence Hotel, 33 Regency Square, Brighton. Wednesdays, 7-9pm.

I'm not sure if Kate will run this again any time soon, but get in touch with her if you'd be interested.

x



No comments:

Post a Comment