Bohemian Starlet

Monday 22 November 2010

Paris

Paris Burlesque Festival was one of the friendliest events I have ever had the pleasure to work at, Calamity Gin, Juliette Dragon and the rest of the gang were incredible! Both to all the performers and on stage. I also got to work with some amazing performers from around the globe, Philly Cara mel, Lou Lou Dvil, Adore Derrier, Kitten Deville, Brooklyn Baby Doll to name a few and UK beauties Khandie Khisses and Dark Teaser were also there with Starla Haze representing old blighty. I think we did a good job.

Eric Bouvet a french photographer who was taking photoes for his exhibition, was set up in the changing room/floor it was a great set up in the studio and was very interesting as he was using a camera that used the traditional plate method, you only get one chance, kind of like a poleroid. He had to take a few as I kept making it over expose with my pastie white flesh...


I also worked with a wonderfully modest and talented photographer Justine Maillard, www.justinemaillard.com  we did a shoot on the bridge Pont Neuf ( the one with all the padlocks on it ) It was smack bam in the middle of Notre Dame and the Louvre, I will be honest tho to begin with I was a bit scared as there were a lot of people and I was dressed in my Forgotten Ballerina Tutu, hmm. But I got used to the on looking parisians and we came away with some corkers.


I also got to do the touristy bits of Paris and spent a couple of days with my lovely Gruff, we rented a small apartment, and by small I could sit on the loo and still make dinner! in Bastille where we got lost many times and saw some great sites. The Eiffel Tower was interesting as we found our Panoramic setting on our camera and this gave way to an hour of trigger happy pics.


Also the walk down the stairs was all too aparent the next day when neither of us could move, it was worth it tho! We saw Jim's grave and Edith and Mr. Wildes, the wonderful Mont Martre and Pigalle, the MoulinRouge, drank a lot of wine and ate A LOT of pizza, also Gruff managed to use some french, Ola, silly Gruff.

All in all it was a fantastic experience and something I really hope to do again next year, the atmosphere of the whole week was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment