Bohemian Starlet

Monday 22 November 2010

Amsterdam

 In a  sleep talking ramble I relayed this joke to my Gruff, 'Why are there no hamsters in Amsterdam?'...my punchline was...'because the parrots ate them all'

?

Anyways moving swiftly on...

Amsterdam! After a 10 hour coach, YES coach, I thought for £30 return I couldn't complain, Yes Yes I could, and I did, phwoar did my petit derrier ache after that, also my 6ft 2 Gruff was not built for coach seats. But after all that it did make the arrival ever more magical.

We stayed with some friends in their apartment on the canal from Dam square and just next the red light district. It couldn't have been more homey, we had some great poker nights and played an addictive game called 'little big planet' whilst in a hedonistic haze of good food and red wine!

Gruff and I took to the streets every day and enjoyed Amsterdam to the point where it is one of our places we could consider moving one day.

We had intended to go to the Opening Gala and I was going to walk the reed carpet etc, but we decided that we would see Fridays show instead and spend the night in.

Friday night 'The twisted Cabaret' was great fun, I much prefer the variety of a cabaret night and the acts were so varied! giant vaginas, glass walking, pregnant puppets and firey bull whips, arielists and silks. It was very pleasing, also the bar prices weren't to shabby.

Saturdays show was made all the more possible by Xarah who leant me some fuel, she and her partner we met in Paris and they are a great pair, Xarah performed a brilliant act with a candlelabrier on her head, it looked amazing!

My act however did not go so well, the day had been long and stressful and my (now full blown lurgy) was on its way in creeping into my bones, so I was feeling a bit groggy, the changing room was quite dark and crampy and then...then...I was lacking quite a large part of my acts prop on stage. Which lead to probably quite a funny to watch image of me scouting around the stage for 30 secs looking for it, whilst trying very hard to look like i knew what I was doing, I then got my corset stuck and just felt like the whole thing looked a bit rubbish.  Oh well.

There were some really great acts tho so the audience were able to have me as a distant memory...Armitage Shanks was the Compere and what a great singer!?
I got to see Missy Fatale again from Volupte, she did a Josephine Baker tribute which I thoroughly enjoyed. She's lovely. The Dolls of doom a duo from Chicago were probably my favourite act of the Festival. They were brilliant! tho Lou lou Dvils live band act did make me turn a little bit gay for a while, she was incredibly sexy.

The night ended with a bang as the DJ Mr. Chaz Royal set up the after show party, lots of very nice looking ladies and gents all mingling together, but feeling rather lurgified and a bit down after my performance I made it an early one and slipped away to grab a Mc Donalds and an earlyish night, naughty but so goood.

We went home and played little big planet...x

No comments:

Post a Comment